These are some of the Student Responsibilities that come from the district’s Student and Parent/Guardian Handbook.
1. It is your responsibility:
- to be prompt to school and to class.
- not to be absent from school without parent’s knowledge and consent.
- not to leave a classroom without teacher’s permission.
- not to leave campus without school permission.
2. It is your responsibility:
- to be prepared for class with appropriate materials.
- to participate in class activities.
- to follow classroom procedures.
- to complete assignments, including assigned homework.
- to meet proficiency standards.
- to progress toward promotion and/or graduation requirements.
3. It is your responsibility:
- to demonstrate cooperation and responsible behavior in the classroom and at school activities.
- to show respect for staff members, teachers, adult supervisors, classified employees, guest speakers, substitute teachers, and other students.
- to learn and carry out the rules and regulations prescribed in the school handbook.
- to use proper mannerisms and channels of communication to resolve conflicts.
- to respect the property of others.
- to be honest.
- to use acceptable language.
- to show concern for the welfare of the school and student body.
- to have pride in one’s work, and the work of others.
- to have respect for the differences of others.
- not to use rudeness, defiance, or disrespectful words or gestures.
4. It is your responsibility:
- to keep the campus clean and free from litter.
- to keep the restrooms clean.
- to keep the walls of your campus free from writing, carvings, or slogans.
- to keep all equipment, lockers, desks, and books free from being defaced or damaged.
- to keep loiterers away by reporting them to the proper authorities.
- to use school property only when permission is granted.
- to follow check-out procedures for school equipment.
- to safekeep and use school equipment properly.
- to return school equipment promptly and in good condition.
5. It is your responsibility:
- to take home all information sheets and printed material.
- to return to school all requested forms.
- to ask visitors to report to the school office.
- to dress and groom appropriately.
- not to give false identification nor practice forgery.
- not to violate rules and regulations prescribed in the student handbook.